Sunday, March 24, 2013

There is a time & season for everything.



Proverbs 31:10-31 [selected verses] MSG. "A good woman is hard to find, and worth far more than diamonds. Her husband trusts her without reserve, and never has reason to regret it [He knows that she is committed to him alone & he knows that she is his greatest supporter]. Never spiteful, she treats him generously all her life long.[love & respect have been deeply established in their lives]She's up before dawn, preparing breakfast for her family & organizing her day [she knows that this may be her only time alone with the Lord]. First thing in the morning, she dresses for work, rolls up her sleeves, eager to get started. She senses the worth of her work, is in no hurry to call it quits for the day. She's skilled in the crafts of home & hearth, diligent in homemaking. She's quick to assist anyone in need, reaches out to help the poor. She doesn't worry about her family when it snows; the winter clothes are all mended & ready to wear [she is always prepared].Her husband is greatly respected when he deliberates with the city fathers. Her clothes are well made & elegant, and she always faces tomorrow with a smile.When she speaks she has something worthwhile to say, and she always says it kindly [living out the fruits of the spirit]. She keeps an eye on everyone in her household, and keeps them all busy & productive. Her children respect and bless her; her husband joins in with words of praise: [respect & words of praise are earned] Many women have done wonderful things, but you've outclassed them all! Charm can mislead & beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired & praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God. giver her everything she deserves! Festoon her life with praises!"

As the months quickly go by before I become a wife I often find myself meditating on this section of scripture. There is so much wisdom out there & so many different ideas on what it means to be a "good wife". I've been blessed to have several role models speak into my life over the years that have taught me a great deal of information through their lifestyle and the words that they have spoken over me [A very special thank-you to my Mom & Mrs. Budzinski, you two have forever challenged me, changed me, & have grown me into who I am today]. But I still constantly find myself back at this portion of scripture. I don't know if it is the simplicity that speaks to me, the beautiful poetry, or the lifestyle that this woman lived that moves me so deeply. Whatever it is, these characteristics are ones that I aspire to grow in [especially as I've seen the fruit of them play out through my role model's lives]. I feel that each day God is challenging me with something new & for this season in my life I am just suppose to take each new lifestyle change one step at a time. For those of you that know me personally, this is one of my greatest challenges. When I see something in me that I want to change I am hoping/expecting an immediate change and that rarely is the reality. 

This morning when I was spending my quiet time with the Lord He quickly rested the verse in my heart "She's up before dawn". I am not a morning person but ever sense moving to Australia I have decided to make myself a morning person. [This is a characteristic that I always saw my dear mentor Mrs. Budzinski doing. I could never understand how she received this energy or motivation to get up before dawn DAILY & to run one of the most incredible households of all] I was taken back this morning as I sat in awe of the impossible change that I saw in myself. I couldn't believe that sense I've been here that nearly every morning I've managed to wake up several hours before I had to be someone just so I could "be up before dawn" & start my day out with the Lord. This isn't said to give myself praises but to give all of the praises to God. I thought getting up early in the morning was IMPOSSIBLE for me & I was right. It was impossible FOR ME to do on my own. I needed to realize that I NEEDED God's help in order to succeed with this one. 

I'm sharing this not out of self praise [especially because I am no where near the woman that I'm called to be], but as an encouragement to those out there who are in this season of life preparing for marriage. As I continue planning Ryan & I's wedding I quickly loose focus of the women that I am called to be & am too focused on temperamental issues or emotions. But we must join together & not loose heart because this is one of the most beautiful seasons of growth that we will ever have! 

This morning God just told me to STOP. Instead of living in condemnation for the things that I am not, I needed to quickly give Him praises for the things that I AM. So now I can confidently say that through Christ, I AM a morning person who desperately desires time with the Lord before the sun arises. 

Now time to focus on one of the next areas that I highlighted...

To Be Continued: As God continues to reveal new things to me & molds me towards the woman that He has designed me to be.

Also anyone who is married, let me know what your best advice would be to someone preparing for this season of marriage.

1 comment:

  1. Love this and love you! Miss you so much! You are using your time wisely though and you are becoming even more of a spiritual giant than ever! You know, since you can't make it to the relationships classes, I am going to send you lesson 1 and when you are ready for lesson 2 lmk! I love you so much! Give my best to Ryan!!!

    ReplyDelete